Thursday, October 5, 2017

From the Start

My spending addiction story begins about 3 years ago. I am waiting patiently at school for my first direct deposit to hit from my vey first job at Burger King. As soon as I get that deposit notification, my eyes light up and my smirk turns to a smile. I instantly text my friends, "Yo we're going to Olive Garden for lunch, on me. meet me outside ASAP" As we all ditch class to get our gourmet lunch I realize that food was well worth my money. So I kept doing again and again, paycheck after paycheck. Trying new restaurants and any delicious food that came to my mind, Until yesterday. Today I began my first day of outside food fasting and let me tell you, that sh*t is hard!
Image result for crying gif

For some damn reason, I dreamt of a donut burger being made in front of my eyes. On the worst day possible. It was a Krispy Kreme donut with a sizzling beef patty, melted Swiss cheese, and caramelized crispy bacon in between. I was furious when I woke up because I know I can't get that anywhere, but also because I made a commitment to spend any money on food. I had to go through some struggles throughout the day as well. I had passed my favorite fast food restaurant, Wendy's. As I cruised by Alameda avenue I can see Wendy from the logo just stare into my eyes as if she's trying to lure me in. But I had forgot all about it because as soon as I got home, I had a warm bowl of pozole waiting for me. Thinking about it, this challenge might not be so hard after all.

Image result for smirk gif

No comments:

Post a Comment