Monday, October 30, 2017

Outcome

With the 30 days finally over I can say it was very rewarding. Even though my stomach has been growling to me for 30 days saying, "Wendyssss, Wendyyyys!" my wallet has been thanking me. I wish I could have started this challenge sooner, that way I would have saved thousands. If I could go back to my first paycheck, I would have just ate at home. That one decision to go eat fancy costed me thousands of dollars.
Image result for sigh gif
Throughout the challenge however, I did struggle a bit. It was hard passing by these restaurants and looking at their ads on Facebook. It felt like getting over an ex. No matter how hard it is to get over them, it seems like more and more things pop up in your life to remind you of them. Then you start to miss them. Then you sit in your bed, eating expired Ramen, looking at pictures of them. Damn I missed outside food.
Image result for crying in bed gif

Nonetheless there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I had finally completed something positive for myself and I was proud. I felt like Steve Jobs or even Michael Jordan. I was still broke but felt wealthy. If this challenge taught me anything, it was to manage your finances to insure a positive future. Even though I started late, I can say I will be more wise in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment